January 17, 2011

The Most MAGNIFICENT Weekend

the view from my corner of the couch
Friday started in its usual rush out the door to two schools running late as usual, BUT there was something different. I had a little extra pep in my step because I knew that in just a few hours, I would free. Free of the mom-ing, free of the arguments, free of the meal making, free of responsibility for the entire weekend!

I LOVE my children with all my heart, but we all need sometime to decompress and I was LONG over due. My girls weekend was JUST what the doctor ordered!

Two of my girlfriends and I met in the snowy mountains for a weekend of relaxation, rest, and laughter... All of which were met! The cabin was FABULOUS, and aside from a small heat issue on Friday night, it was perfect... Friday we spent the evening catching up and just mellowing out... It was FABU.

Saturday, by far the best day, was spent being pampered at the spa... OMG I thought I had died and gone to heaven... The steamed towels during my facial were DIVINE and the massage... words cannot describe...

Once back to our quiet cabin, we made up some guacamole, started the fireplaces, grabbed some cocktails, and chatted the night away in the hot tub... It was perfect and just what this mama of two needed...

Sunday we headed home and I was so excited to see my babies and my awesome husband... I am so thankful for them and getting away made me appreciate them even more!

0 thoughts: