January 18, 2011

BIG News!!!

As soon as I saw my son on Sunday, he SQUEALED with delight! He had BIG news for this mommy! His front bottom tooth is LOOSE! He ran into my bedroom early Sunday morning frantically screaming, "Daddy, Daddy! The tooth fairy is gonna COME!! My TOOTH IS WIGGLY!!!" (so glad I missed that 5 a.m. wake up call) Jason checked and sure enough it was loose...

He must have been wiggling it all day because that puppy is REALLY loose :) I was delighted with this awesome milestone, but it makes me so sad at the same time! I called my girlfriend to share the news. We both were so excited for this BIG boy milestone, but we were both a bit teary eyed as well. Our boys are no longer the babies we have raised for 5 years, they are changing into little boys right before our eyes.

My first baby is going to start losing his teeth. This is one of the last BIG milestones... How has 5 years passed by so quickly? I have been with these babies almost every day their entire lives. I have never missed a milestone, yet I still find myself feeling like it is all passing by much too quickly... This reminds me to savour each little moment, because one day my babies will be all grown up having babies of their own...

1 thoughts:

~~Mel~~ said...

Hooray for a tooth fairy visit!

I know what you mean Stac, these kids grow up WAY too fast...hard to believe Riley hits double digits this year...that will be TOUGH!