July 13, 2009

Swimming Fiasco Update....

So many of you wanted to hear what the outcome was of Anthony's swimming lessons "incident" so, here it is.... If you some how missed it, read all about it here first....

First thing this morning the head of Parks and Rec called and of course I was dropping Ant off at camp, so as soon as I got in I returned his call and you guessed it: Got Voice Mail.... Isn't that ALWAYS the way!

I finally was able to speak with him this afternoon and he informed me of two things:
  1. He refunded me my money... This was so much more than the 30 bucks, but great he gave me the $$ back...
  2. The girl who threw my son in the pool was "spoken to at length and placed on probation"

I don't quite know how I feel about this.... Or what more to do.... Or quite frankly what else I CAN do.... I really wanted this girl fired, but would I have felt any better if she was? I really do not know.... I just am unsure of what to feel or what to do.... I just wish the whole thing did not happen....

7 thoughts:

Sara said...

I'm glad Mr. Catlett got back to you and advised you of the outcome. I still have not heard back from him.

Mrs. Rogers said...

What a terrible situation, especially for your little man. I would be disappointed in the outcome as well, that girl has no business working with children, period... none the less chilren and water. I guess all you can do now is warn people you know to stay far, far away from this place. GL and I hope he isn't terrified of swimming for good.

Cameron said...

I completely missed your post about this but was horrified when I went back to read what happened. I just got cured of taking Cameron there for lessons. The people involved in this should have more action taken against them. They have just permanently placed a memory in your child and possibly the fact that he is going to be scared to swim. Were these teenagers running the pool lessons? I told Cary about what I had read and he said that a "talking to" is inappropriate and that if he were you, each day he would be up at the pool to be sure that she was truly on probabtion. The other person should get punished as well for his/her comments. So much more could have resulted from this persons actions. If Anthony had asthma, an attack could have been triggered in the water, he could have hit himself on the wall, etc....she seriously needs fired, IMO. I would call and tell the peeps that if a probabtion is all she is getting for the possibility of harming your child and possibly a child in the future, I would tell them you plan to sue their ass off, as well as, the other parties involved. No one wants to see someone get fired but this is truly not their callings for jobs. They do not need to be near children at all. Kudos for keeping your cool. I am not sure what I would have been able to do in the moment. Possibly would have been in such shock at what I witnessed. Cary said that they were lucky it wasn't him there or two people would have been experiencing their heads held under the water for a lengthy bit of time. What inconsiderate ASSES to do that to a child. HEARTLESS....now I am pissed. Give me the number and I will call tomorrow for you...LOL...no seriously, I will.

Nita said...

I think I would still want her gone. Her and the other lifeguard that threatened to leave him in the water. If it happened to your kid, is it happening to any other kids? That is my concern.

Oh - btw - long time lurker, second time commenter. :)

That Girl said...

hugs sweetie! I know you feel frustrated and confused with all this....it's so hard when things are out of our control. I agree that more should have been done but I dont know what else YOU can do.

Alicia said...

Hmmm...if it were any other situation, then I would say just let it go. BUT, oh my gosh..what happened is inexcusable! Thank God nothing serious happened, but that's not the point. She has no business working there. I feel sorry for other kids that this girl is going to be "training."

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm really not sure if there is anyway you can make sure more action gets taken or that this girl gets fired...I really wonder if this guy (the head of the place) realizes the severity in the situation.

I'm so sorry Ant had to go through this!