February 22, 2009

Is it just me?

So, I'm weird. I know this. I have accepted it and EMBRACED it. I tend to obsess over things, I like to overthink, and if it can be analyzed gurl I am AN. A. LY. ZING....

I stay at home. I am with my children 99,9% of the time. My husband works four days in a row and we hardly see him those days, but then he is home for 4 days straight. Yet, right now I feel like I haven't seen my family but we are together CONSTANTLY! I know it makes no sense, but it seems like I am always so wrapped up in "life" that I am not taking the time to enjoy life... Does that make sense? I just informed Jason that we are having a much needed by mommy family day. No ifs, ands, or buts!

So is it just me or are some of you weirdos too? Come on join me in the world of strange you know you want to! ;)

post signature

9 thoughts:

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

I don't think it is weird at all. Leo is working nights now and it seems like when he is off, it is "catch up" time where we do tons and tons of chores but really don't go and DO anything.
I say... HAVE YOUR FAMILY DAY AND LOVE IT :)!

Laura-Whateverebay said...

Ha! I know the feeling. I work from home to spend more time with my kids and create an acceptable work environment for when I open my own location.

Anyhow, we have been home for a week straight ill and yet, I do not feel I get enough time with them. I guess being sick does not count? Right? Hmm... I must be missing something.... :}

That Girl said...

YES! I do this type of thing all the time. Last night I made us do family game night. We always talk about it but just get lazy.

Sara said...

I know exactly what you mean. When my family is home together, we tend to migrate to different rooms of the house. Enjoy your family day together!

Lisha said...

Nope you are the only weirdo. LMAO...JUST KIDDING!! :) My family is never together...all 4 of us that is. The kids and I are, but since shane has been coaching and working 5 days a week and he hasn't had any snow days, I never see him. I very much understand. You may have the "quantity" of time but it is important to have what we want...QUALITY!! :)

3boyzmom said...

I know how you feel! Even though you might be physically together, life tends to fly by and special times like family night or a special family event can give you that time to focus on each other and enjoying each other's company!!

~~Mel~~ said...

I know exactly how you feel Staci! Though we are all usually home at the same times we do tend to be doing seperate things...usually in seperate rooms.

It's fun to get out and do something as a family...or even stay home and DO something as a family together.

MsPulp said...

I totally hear ya sista! Those family days make a huge difference!
I've been following you, BTW but no comments - sooo busy...
I so hope your little man feels better. It's so hard when the little guys are sick and fevers scare me!

Melissa said...

I feel like that too. It just seems like when you plan an activity, you spend more time interacting with one another. I am going to have to plan a fun family day soon!